Little Dalton Kirk
The ruins of Little Dalton Kirk (DUMFRIESSHIRE, SCOTLAND) can be found on the banks of the Dalton Burn to the NW of the village of Dalton. It lies off the road from Dormont and Mouswald and can be easily missed. The Kirk dates from the 15th century with some masonary dating to a 13th century predecessor. It served the community of Little Dalton and its lords. The village lay on the lands of Holmain, seat of the Carruthers family, one of which fought with Robert the Bruce. The village was a thriving crofting community until the 16th century when the village declined. The Kirk was finally abandoned in 1633 but the graveyard was used until 1788. There is a table gravestone in memory of Dr William Carruthers dated 1764.