More bluebell images 😱 Can’t help myself, such a beautiful time of year. I’ve discovered some folklore concerning bluebells, which may explain our fascination with these wee plants. There’s a poem in there somewhere!
- If you wear a garland of bluebells, you will be compelled to tell the truth
- When a bluebells bell rings, it calls all the fairies to a gathering, but if a human hears the bell, they will be visited by a malicious fairy and die soon after.
- Bluebell woods are enchanted. Fairies used them to lure and trap people in their nether world.
- If you turn one of the flowers inside out without tearing it, you will eventually win the one you love.
- If a child picks a bluebell in a bluebell wood, they will never be seen again.
- In the language of flowers, the bluebell symbolises constancy, humility and gratitude.